Forum Discussion

JamesCarr
Qrew Trainee
2 months ago

API_AddRecord Then Redirec To Dashboard

Greetings,

I have been searching and experimenting for some time now.  I have given up and decided to try posting, as everything I have found is not working so far.  I have a dashboard that I would like to add a button to.  The button is intended to make an API_AddRecord call and then return to the dashboard.  I can get the API_AddRecord URL together and it works as intended.  The desired record will be added successfully.  I have the URL to bring up the dashboard as well.  What I can't get to work putting them both in a formula URL that will return the page to the dashboard after the call is made.  Can someone give me the structure for how this is to work?  Thank you in advance for any input / direction you can provide.

James

• I use something like this for a Rich Text Button, but you can adapt it for a Formula URL field too.

var text returnURL = URLRoot()&"db/"&[TABLE_ID]&"?a=er&apptoken=xxxxx&rid=" & [Record ID#];

var text url = URLRoot() & "db/" & [TABLE_ID] & "?a=API_AddRecord&apptoken=xxxxx&rid="&[Related Record]& "&rdr=" & URLEncode($returnURL);

var text buttonText = "What the Button Says";

"<a class='SaveBeforeNavigating' style='"& [Orange Button] & "' href='" & $URL  & "'>" & $buttonText & "</a>"

JamesCarr
      Qrew Trainee

Hello,

Thanks for replying and sorry for the delayed response. I can't put this in a button on a dashboard though, right? When I select a button bar, I only see URL as the appropriate option.  Nothing else is for a formula. I did use a formula rich text button from a different table to generate the desired URL, so I could copy and paste it into the dashboard button, the URL doesn't produce the desired result. 

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

James,

Can you your current formula for the button you say that works, also explain the business purpose of what the button is supposed to do?