Forum Discussion

StevenPearson
Qrew Assistant Captain
5 years ago

Can't import fields

I've looked through many posts and can't find anything similar. I have a table that has eleven fields connected through Google Drive, one of which is the key field. I want to import three fields that are not connected but will update the related "unit number" but I keep getting the error in the snippet. I tried it on another table that is also connected and it worked fine. I am the app admin as also shown. Any suggestions?

------------------------------
Steve Pearson
  • Hi Steve,

Specifically with Sync tables that are pulling the data in via Quick Base Sync you aren't able to import data in even if it is targeting the manual entry fields you have added to the table. This is because all add and delete record permissions are tied to the Sync. To add new fields to a sync table they either have to be added into the synced in source or manually entered on that table.

A work around I have used in the past when I want to import a sheet of data that is related to a sync table is to add a child table of related records that is manual entry. Then so long as my key field is in the data I'm importing in I can import in all the necessary fields and records as child records with the relationship being populated from the incoming data and since the child table is a normal QB field I'm not blocked from importing data in. Then I can either summarize data up to the parent sync table or bring down the sync table data through the relationship to build out my reporting. I hope that information is helpful.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base
    DonLarson
    Qrew Commander
    Steve,

It is possible to deny Add permission to the Administrator on a Table by Table basis.  You set in the Access section.  Here is a screen shot for you.

Make sure you have a Green Check Box in the Add Column for that Table.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH