Forum Discussion

BrianDunk
Qrew Cadet
2 days ago

Child Table Records as Source for DropDown List

I have a two table setup that I would like to display multiple dropdown fields on my parent table form.  I would like these dropdown fields to be populated with the records in my second table.  This table will only contain the source for the dropdown fields.  The table contains two fields "Name"and "Percent".  Is it possible to display only the records in the dropdown that have the value "3" in the percent field in some fields and only the records in another field that have "5" in the percent field?  Do I need to create a relationship for this?

Thanks

Brian

DonLarson
    Qrew Commander

This is pretty straightforward based upon your descriptions.  You need a relationship for each field on the Parent table that you want to feed with values from the Name Percent table.

To limit the options you need to create reports in the Name Percent table that match your criteria.  You then use those as the Record Picker on the appropriate Parent Form.

Here is screen shot of an example where it is set.

I actually named the Report Picker.   You will want to do some with terms 3 and 5 in them to make it easy to identify.

• Hi there, thanks for the reply. Here is where I am at with a couple questions.

I have created the relationship between the two tables I am hoping this is correct:  The table "Picks" is where the actual form that gets filled out resides.  The "Brands" table is where the records are to populate the dropdown fields.

Currently I am able to display a "Related Brand2" field that displays the records from the "Brands" table.  However, I do not know how to filter for the records that are either 3% or 5%.

I have created two reports in the Brands table that are the following:

I do not know how to apply this report to a field to filter out records that are 3% or 5%.