Forum Discussion

MichaelTamoush
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Hiding Tables in Table Bar

I hide many of my tables from most user roles. However, when I add a new table it defaults to be visible, and I have to manually go through each role and hide the table. Is it possible to default to hide, or to go to the table itself and choose that option?

In the table settings, I know I can set access per role, but only permissions, I don't see user interface. Can the user interface per role be set from the table settings?

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

5 Replies

• Hello Mike, 

I am not real clear on the question in regard to defaulting to hidden, but you can just hide the table in the tables advanced settings.  You would then uncheck the box that says - - Override the heading with 

This will hide the table regardless of the permissions set in the roles.  However, it also hides the table from the admin.  You can still get to the table settings, but the table will not be visible in the table bar.  

Brandon Drake
    JHI Group
    Monroeville OH
      MichaelTamoush
      Qrew Captain
      Thanks Brandon. That work around is not quite what I need because I need to be able to see the table, I just don't want users in other roles to be able to see the table, but I might be able to use that in some of my situations.

Mike Tamoush
        JasonJohnson2
        Qrew Cadet
        I can't stand that it with show in the table bar before I can go make the changes. There is always someone that will see it then ask about the table. I suggest going into the sandbox (if available to you), set up the table with permissions then put into production.

Jason Johnson
    DonLarson
    Qrew Commander
    Mike,

I have never found a solution to this other than to hide all tables for the Role.   

Let me know if you get an answer.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH