Forum Discussion

ForrestParker2
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

How to create Report Link fields when in Sandbox

I am using a Sandbox app today to make some changes and I can't figure out how to create a Report Link field.

When I click on "Select Target", I can't select any of the fields that are only in the sandbox.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

------------------------------
Forrest Parker
  • Any chance there is a pop up blocker you need to unblock?  Look for an indicator at the right of the URL Area.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ForrestParker2
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi Mark,

It's not a pop-up blocker.  I am getting the window to show, like normal, it's just that I can't choose any fields in the "Sandbox" version of the app.

Even when I choose a field that exists, it doesn't work properly.  I believe the problem is that the sandbox really is just a copy of the original, but the sandboxs aren't available to select.

Forrest

Forrest Parker
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        You might be able to work around this by publishing the sandbox after those fields are created and then going back in and making those other changes in the sandbox. Although if it is a small change it might make sense to do it in production and just be done with it.

There are still many bugs with the sandbox feature and I run into them constantly. I always report them so they can hopefully be fixed but more than once has a major bug caused use to ditch all the sandbox work or caused us to think it got published when it only partially published. Strange bugs.