Forum Discussion

mnblockhead
Qrew Member
23 days ago

How to force summary report to always show duration field total in hours

I have a summary report that will total the duration of events by year.  When the number of hours are greater than 24, it gives the total in days. I want the total to always be in hours. Is there a way to force showing the value in hours?

Further context.  This is an app to track continued-education/training requirements. The requirements for the various certifications and licenses are always given in hours. When you enter a training course or event, you enter the time in hours. I want to see the total in hours as that makes it easier to determine progress towards the required hours. 

• There are two solutions.  

One is to look at that Duration field and set its field properties to display in Hours as opposed to Smart Units.  That will probably work, but I did not test.

But the "for sure" method is to make a formula numeric field called Duration Hours with a formula of ToHours([My Duration Field])

mnblockhead
      Qrew Member

I'm hoping to avoid making multiple formula fields for each duration field (there are multiple categories for required continuing education).  I'll missed the field attribute to change display from smart units to hours.  I'll try that.  Thank you.