Forum Discussion

JohnD
Qrew Trainee
2 months ago

How to keep the trailing zeros in a numeric field

Hi folks, I am trying to create a database of regulations and the app keep dropping the trailing zeros.  However, for my purposes, they are critical.  In world of regulations, 820.1 is different fro...
    2 months ago

Are you looking to keep the trailing zeros when looking at them in Quickbase, or when downloading to a CSV?

If in quickbase, I would make it a text field, verse a numeric. Is there a reason you need it numeric? Typically, numeric is only necessary if you need to perform calculations.

If in a CSV download, I just asked them same question a week ago. In short, I do not believe you can keep the trailing zero in the CSV download. I have found two, unsatisfactory fixes. One, is to make the field a currency field. That keeps the trailing zeros but of course adds a dollar sign. However, this won't work in your case since you have differing amounts of decimal places. The other way i did it was making a formula that added an apostrophe to the beginning of the number. This way the download saw it as text, and kept the trailing zero. Again, not a satisfactory solution....

If you find another solution to the CSV download, please let me know!