Forum Discussion

VivekVishwanat3
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

How to make a field ""read only"" in the Grid Edit

Hi,

I have two field record ID, Marks in the Grid report of a table.
The logic is, If record ID is <10 , then make the Marks field editable else make the field read only. in the Grid report. (This can be achieved through dynamic form validations, but I need this in the Grid Edit)

How can we achieve this in the QuickBase Grid Reports.

*Marks field is not a formula field 

Thanks
  • Hi Vivek,

Currently there is not a way to make a field read only on the Grid Edit view. Grid Edit doesn't have the same rules that can be applied to read only that forms do. If you don't want those records with a RID of <10 to be editable at all it is possible to set up role permissions to make those records view only but that is a different behavior. 

If you feel that being able to apply read only rules that function like form rules onto the Grid Edit reports would be helpful I would suggest adding your feedback to our User Voice. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials. It is a tool used by our product development team to gauge user interest in future enhancements and features. Thank you very much for your time today.