Forum Discussion

dbryant4891
Qrew Trainee
23 days ago

Intermittent Issue: Contacts Not Displaying After Adding to Form/Table

Hi! I am trying to resolve an issue that has been happening since last year and that neither QB Support nor I have been able to solve. This issue randomly began out of the blue, and I can't make sense of it.

The process:

1. User 1 adds a task (record) to the 'Client Request Form' for XYZ Company.
  2. User 1 clicks 'Add Client Request Contact'. This takes the user to the child form Client Request Contact.
  3. User 1 will add the XYZ Company contact via an email dropdown box. If the contact does not exist from a previous entry, User 1 will click 'create new contact'.
  4. Upon clicking, the 'Contacts' form will open for User 1 to enter a new contact associated with XYZ Company.
  5. After adding the new contact, the contact is now available to add as a contact for any future Client Request Form tasks/records entered.

The issue:

When User 1 attempts to associate an existing contact with a Client Request form, the list of possible contacts does not display, resulting in the user having to add the contact repeatedly.

Additional Information:

• Multiple contacts can be associated with one Client Request Form.
  • We have been using Quick Base for 5 years now, and this issue was first discovered in 2023.
  • We have 1,000+ clients in our application.
  • When it was first reported as an issue in October 2023, the user only saw this happen on 6 clients added by different sales team members in 5 different months from January 2023 to September 2023. The other was added back in 2019. Today, the number affected is higher than 6.

Please let me know what additional information I can provide. I hope we do not have to create something new, as this will impact over 17,000 existing records.

Thanks in advance!

• I don't mind having a look at your app or a copy of the app if you want to contact me directly by email. Perhaps there is a way of slightly changing the workflow to avoid this intermittent problem.  

mark.shnier@gmail.com