Forum Discussion

• There are low tech and Hi-Tech solutions.

QB does not support native audit logging.

Low tech:

Set up a gmail email called mycompany.audit.logger@gmail.com

Set up an email notification to fire when records are added modified or deleted.  Include the Record ID or Record identifier in the subject line. use the default message as it will tell you what changed.  When you need to know who screwed up a record, then l;ook back into that email; account.

Medium Tech

Same as above but them put icing on that cake by using native QuickBase Sync to Sync to that gmail email content. Then the app will actually have its own table of all changes.

High Tech

Several of the QuickBase Solution partners have add on that do this logging.  Not sure who, but probably it includes Trinity and MCF.  Here is a list of QuickBase Solution Partners.

I can help you one on one on one off line with solutions Low and Medium. Contact me directly via the information in my profile, or we can continue here.
  • Thanks so much - this worked great. I went with the MEDIUM tech - and all is in good working order.  Appreciate the assist - 
    Gerry
  • OK, thx for letting me know.  Just for the record, i can also set up logging changes via webhooks.
  • Interesting! I set up the "Medium Tech" option and on the linked table I have columns "Subject" and "Date Created" ....Within the Subject column, I've chosen to display the Record ID, Date, and Status (ie Billed, Invoiced, etc.)

Can I somehow create a report to show duration between each change on a each record? I'm trying to find any delays in our billing work flow.

Example:
    Record 20
    Status changed "Report Generation" to "Billed" on 3/12/17
    Then changed from "Billed" to "Invoiced" on 3/24/17

Those are reflected in my QB table as:

Subject                                       Date Created
    20 3/12/17 Billed                          3/12/17
    20 3/24/17 Invoiced                      3/24/17

In order to do what I need, I feel like I need separate fields for the record id, date and status, but not sure if that's a possibility with the link between GMail and this table. I hope I'm  making sense! Any input is appreciated. 
  • That will be difficult to go with native QuickBase. You might want to post this as a new question.