Forum Discussion

JesseEdsell-Vet
Qrew Member
2 months ago
Solved

Loan database - Interest period

Hi all

I am creating an interest calculator report for our finance folks. I have a duration field to count the number of days between key dates for interest calculations but am running into 2 challenges:

1. The number of days between dates comes back as duration (# of days) and not a numeric value. I need it as a numeric value to complete interest calculations.
  2. There are hundreds of loans and we need to be able to fill in the date interest is applied for all of them at once for the calculation. Ideas or is grid edit the best option?

Thanks!

Jesse

• If you have a field called [# of days] 

which is a formula numeric field type, you can use 

ToDays([End Date] - [Start Date])

Yes, probably grid edit is the best idea.  The alternative would be to export the data to excel, including the key field, which is probably the record ID field, somehow fill in the dates in excel and then import that one field and the record ID back into your database. 

3 Replies

• Hello Jesse,

For the Field (# of days) you have to use formula numeric field. As mention by Mark you can use the formula in that field.

Yes, I would suggest here you first export the data in Excel and enter the data in required field which you can do it fast with your key field (Record ID) compared to grid edit option and then you can import to QuickBase back. 

• If you have a field called [# of days] 

which is a formula numeric field type, you can use 

ToDays([End Date] - [Start Date])

Yes, probably grid edit is the best idea.  The alternative would be to export the data to excel, including the key field, which is probably the record ID field, somehow fill in the dates in excel and then import that one field and the record ID back into your database.