Forum Discussion

ShirleyPrater
Qrew Trainee
22 days ago

multiple users editing same record

I am working to develop a “queue” for a team of people (around10 or so) to be able to assign any logged tickets in that queue to themselves to work.  I came across the following message when two people where assigning the same record to themselves at the same time.  Is there a way to prevent another person from editing a record that is already in editing mode?  Or some way to prevent conflicts like this from occurring when more than one person at a time is working the queue?  

• I had a similar client situation with technicians grabbing Support tickets out of the queue. We didn't want them to trip over each other. What I did was I took the table report that they were using to grab tickets from and disabled the native view and edit buttons.

Then I created my own view and added buttons and each one of them flagged the record with the date and time that the user either viewed or edited the record.  OK so I actually decided to add a child log table to the Ticket to know who had recently viewed or edited the record.  

Then what I did was colour-coded that report so that users would know where there's someone else had recently in the last 10 minutes viewed or edited the record. And I think I also put a warning on the record itself.

• Thank you for the quick reply.   It sounds complicated, and a bit out of my realm, but I will see what I can do to recreate this workaround.  Thank you for the option!!!