Forum Discussion

RickPutnam
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

New Forms - Mobile support

Greetings,

Am I correct to understand that the new forms do not yet support mobile views?

I started building a new app last week using the new forms and it seems the mobile view/app only uses the legacy form. That may also explain why I cannot seem to delete the legacy form.

Thanks.

------------------------------
Rick Putnam

11 Replies

RickPutnam
      Qrew Cadet

Thanks for the response, Sharon.

Rick Putnam
      IvanWeiss
      Qrew Captain

That is a bit disappointing they didnt get that out of the gate as it could have a major impact.  However, it will take me so long to redevelop these forms one by one it will probably be well into next year before it gets rolled out anyway!

Ivan Weiss
        JoelHickok
        Qrew Cadet

1 step forward.  1 step back.

At least the new form in a web browser is more responsive to changing window size, but I'm not sure about Native Mobile.

• RickPutnamor QuickBaseJunkie  do you know if the "new Forms" work on mobile yet? We have an existing table with a legacy Form and I was hoping to build out a new Form and roll it out to mobile users via the Set how different roles use these forms via the View/Edit/Add Form (Mobile) on the Forms of the table properties.

I know by their nature the new Forms are responsive and should play nicer across viewports, however, the new style Form I created isn't available as an option the dropdown list of Forms. So what is the best practice to actually roll them out?!

• I would assume that they will address the timeframe for Mobile support for New forms at EMPOWER on May 8th.

MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

My unofficial understanding is that new forms do work on mobile, but right now they will be behaving the same as the full desktop mode, Assuming that you have the application property set to use the desktop experience.

I believe they are in limited private beta testing now, so I think we are all hoping for a fall release where new forms will have dynamic behavior for a proper mobile experience which will depend on the screen size of the device. 

KellyBianchi
        Qrew Assistant Captain

Thanks, Mark! Would this new experience mean that we would then be able to select our mobile view from a new forms option?