Forum Discussion

JohnRoss2
Qrew Assistant Captain
4 years ago

Please do not force this new Report Style from the beta on us

Guys, this beta update is probably one of the worst UI changes I've ever seen.  Almost no color, no contrast, and the general flow to your eyes is totally disrupted.  All this is going to do it cause a loss of overall speed and productively for no reason.  There is no reason to do this when there are tons of other items that actually need change.  A better form creation UI to name one.

Everything about it just goes against the user:

1. Color highlighting is basically useless.  If I want light colors, I will code in light colors.  What is the point of this?  I just cannot get my head behind this.  Might as well remove color coding.
  2. The header bar looks horrible.  It's light gray and almost blends into everything.  The strong contrast on the old view makes your eyes snap right to it.  The text is no longer vertically centered in the middle as it should be, and is smaller.  Why?  Again, the loss of contrast cripples things and slows you down.
  3. URL buttons look more like badges than buttons.  Why?  Make a button, look like a button.  The original isn't great, but the new one is just terrible.
  4. Generally vertical column borders help, but in QuickBase you are always thinking in terms of Records.  A row is a record, so it was better to NOT have the vertical borders to help your eyes see each row as a continuous record.  Now it looks like a bunch of separate cells.  Not helpful at all.
  5. The alternating gray highlighting looks alright, but it would be better to have hard solid horizontal borders as well to help keep your eyes in track.  Remove the vertical borders, and add horizontal borders.

The Report UI is the most crucial thing to using QB, the current view is nearly perfect and does NOT need to be overhauled.  Lastly, why are changes like this just forced onto users?  What about users with vision problems who already struggle with contrast? 

How about we have the ability to choose the view or customize the view?  That would be great.

At the BARE MINIMUM, please do NOT remove the current Table UI.

------------------------------
John Ross

18 Replies

• Preference is keep the old style and allow user to use the beta when needed.
    Users like the quick filters on the left hand side in the old style. 
    Speed is very slow on Beta style
    In old style, I could edit column headings or field names to trick the column to a certain width, in new beta style I cannot control column width.

Is there any way to set this to default as the old way and if someone wants to use the new beta, they can click the new beta?

Ruby Kapil
    rubykapil@wi-finity.com
    Wi-Finity, Inc
    UrsulaLlaveria
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I have to agree with you. Not to mention that it looks and works AWFUL in Grid Edit.

Ursula
      EvanMartinez
      Quickbase Staff
      Hi Ross and Ursula,

Sorry to hear you haven't been enjoying the New Table Report experience and thank you for providing your feedback on your experience. I would suggest adding this feedback to our User Voice. User Voice is a tool our product team uses to help track user feedback on new features and enhancements to existing features. The team working on New Table Reports is keeping a close eye on the feedback they are getting during the beta. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials. If you have any trouble signing in directly with the URL going through the Feedback tab on the My Apps page most often resolves them. There are some existing report feedback threads but if you don't find one that fits to add your feedback to you can also create a new thread. I often suggest that if you make a thread you put a link back to it here on the Community so that other users with the same need can add their votes and feedback as well. Thank you for the feedback on your concerns Ross and Ursula.

Evan Martinez
      Community Marketing Manager
      Quick Base
        UrsulaLlaveria
        Qrew Assistant Captain
        thanks Evan!

Ursula
  • I agree 100%. How do I stop it from being the default??

Steven Shweky
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      They have some improvements to make in terms of dynamic filters and dealing with feedback from users but eventually we will be forced into the new style. For now I believe the only option is to erase cookies either for just the Quick Base site if your browser allows it or for all cookies and then don't push the button again.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • Sorry I have to agree. Yes, it looks modern however I need to do work not have it look good. The old reports work just fine. The filter gives my department head more control over the data being displayed. I and one other user have used the beta for a month and we are both glad to switch back. Quickbase has a wonderful product but beta reports, for me, miss the mark.

Joe Rachel
      MarkShnier__You
      I think you need to hold back on your final judgement until they roll out the improvements to dynamic filters on the new beta reports.  That's what I'm waiting for.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Your Quick Base Coach
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • I agree with John and everyone else here.

Think about what makes Excel so attractive to people. It is easy to use and highly customizable. I know Quickbase invests heavily in Brand identity, but this is not the place to do that. People need customization options especially in forms, tables, reports, and dashboards in order to meet the demands and requirements that exist in the working environment.

Take some of that Brand identity capital and put it toward providing customization in forms, tables, reports, and dashboards please and thank you.

Adam Keever
      MarkShnier__You
      I believe that the new table report is not merely cosmetic changes.  It's a better technical foundation for future innovation for the Table Report, including, I suspect, in line editing.  ie editing of fields on the report without going into grid edit mode.  So in fact they are doing this to enable them to make ongoing improvements as to how the table report works and not leave it at a dead end.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Your Quick Base Coach
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        DarrellMaynard
        Qrew Member
        Thank You for your view Mark.  There are most like a great many users that would agree with you.  The other half (or what ever percentage it is) of us that like it the way it is today should be able to keep it just the way it is.  But this shouldn't be a this one or that one choice.  Quickbase, please let us chose our own view and set it as our default.

• Sadly, myself and my company agrees. Just like you, we also cannot submit feedback despite using our correct login credentials. I see the emails that it's being forced permanently and it's very discouraging.

Christopher Cusumano
      EvanMartinez
      Quickbase Staff
      Hi Christopher,

Are you not able to log in to User Voice in order to leave feedback even if you use the Feedback tab that appears on your My Apps page when you are signed into Quickbase? Often users have issue signing in to give feedback when they do not have a user setup on User Voice since it is another tool outside of the Quickbase product, signing in the first time via the Feedback tab helps to set up your user and allow you to more easily submit feedback. If you still aren't able to access it I would recommend putting in a support case with our Care team, which you can do right here from Community using Support in the global navigation right at the top.

Evan Martinez
      Community Marketing Manager
      Quickbase
      MichaelTamoush
      Qrew Captain
      Christopher,

I too have never been able to log into user voice, in the manner you are trying. However, if I go to the 'My Apps' tab, on the left side there is a small orange tab that says 'Feedback', which works for me to get into the user voice.

Mike Tamoush