Forum Discussion

DIPAPANCHALL
Qrew Member
2 months ago

Report Formulas

Is there a way for non-admin users in Quickbase to filter a report using a formula? I have stakeholders who are looking to streamline their workflow. They need to filter down to specific, unique IDs that require changes. Instead of creating individual filters for each ID, is there a method for them to view all these IDs in a single report?

• Is the ID a field in a table report?

If so you can make the report Searchable by that value.

DonLarson
    Qrew Commander

Is the ID a field in a table report?

If so you can make the report Searchable by that value.

• That is a possible solution, but I was wonder if there was a quicker way. If I knew ID 123, 432, 235, need to be edited I still have to search them one by one is there not a quicker way to just filter?

MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

I am still trying to understand how you envision the searching working, but a low tech solution to search for say threeIDs at atime is to teach the users this syntax for the filer box

123 OR 432 OR 235

And make that string as long as you like but note that the  OR must be in uppercase. 

There is also another technique where the user could enter a whole bunch of IDs free form into a text box and save and see the results. That can be especially useful if the IDs are being copy pasted from another source.

DonLarson
      Qrew Commander

How large is your list of ID's?   If it is small you could make a dynamic filter that will let you select more than one at time.   This works well of you have a list of 1000 Opportunities but there are only five sales reps.   You pick "Bob" and "Jim" in the dynamic filter and you see just theirs.    It fails when there are 1000 unique Company names.   The message looks like this: