Forum Discussion

HunnyVinod_Kuma
Qrew Member
19 days ago

Search for already Existing Record

Hi,

I have a scenario where user wants to check whether the record already exists or not at the time of creating record.

For Example: User wants to create a product ,clicked on add record button of the table and while filling the product name in the text field it should reflect that particular product already exists. 

User is already aware that he/she can search in table report first and if it exists then go for editing that record otherwise create, but this will not work if user have multiple entries to add in that case user has to go back and check over and over again which consumes time.

Kindly help!

• You can use a formula query to look for other matching records.  They will work in add mode.

• Hi MarkShnier,

Thanks for your reply,

I have used the below formula query, but it is not giving the desired result.
    ((Size(GetRecords("({9.EX.'"&[Vendor]&"'})",[_DBID_VENDOR_SEARCH]))))
    instead it is showing question mark.
    Here in the above formula query I'm putting the value of Vendor in Vendor table and searching it's existing value in another table called Vendor Search.

9 is the fid of Vendor in Vendor Search table where as Vendor field is in Vendor table.

Please have a look at it. 
    Thanks in advance.

MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

Maybe try this syntax

var text QUERY ="{9.EX.'"&[Vendor]&"'}";

Size(
      GetFieldValues(
      GetRecords($QUERY),3))

HunnyVinod_Kuma
        Qrew Member

Hi Mark,

I tried the above one, but getting the same issue. I think will not work at the time of adding record.