Forum Discussion

CarpeD1
Qrew Member
3 months ago

Show / Hide Conflict

I have a Form Rules Conflict that I cannot resolve.   It is supposed to work like this:  the user can select from 1 up to 8 steps of approval from the "# of Approval Steps" numeric, multiple-choice field.    If they select 1, then Approval Step 1 "shows" (2 thru 8 "hide").  If they select 2, then Approval Step 1 and 2 "shows" (3 thru 8 hide).

What is instead happening is that when 2 is selected only 2 displays, instead of 1 and 2.   Likewise, when 3 is selected, only 3 displays, instead of 1 and 2 and 3 etc.. all the way through 8.

I think the form rules could work if there was a way to "turn off" the 'Otherwise' section.   Is there a way to do that or is perhaps Custom Data Rules the preferred option or ?

• You need to "get your mind right" as described in the Cool Hand Luke reference in this post.

https://community.quickbase.com/discussions/quickbase-discussions/dynamic-form-rules-and-or/81433

Basically you need to write a rule per field and not a rule per situation.

CarpeD1
      Qrew Member

Thanks Mark! the Cool Hand Luke in link did the trick.   It made me realize that i want Approval Step 1 to show when the # of approvers selected is 1 to 8.    So a bunch of 'or' conditions were created.    These are working fine now.  thanks again.