Forum Discussion

DenisRochat
Qrew Trainee
3 months ago

Sum data from a column in parent but ignore duplicate data

Problem with data involving a Time Card Table and a Dispatch Table.
one Time Card  :  many Dispatches
Each tech has one Time Card per day and 2-3 Dispatches per day.

The Techs daily Time Card Record ID# is entered into each Dispatch when created. Here is what the columns in the Dispatch tbl look like (with about 10 columns of misc dispatch data missing for this example): Example Attached

This is one week of activity, and I want a summary report in the Dispatch tbl to show the total hours the techs were on the clock, to compare travel time, billable time, and clock time. 

This example (164:29) is all I can get to show up on a Summary Rpt. I need to have only one TOTAL CLOCK for each Related Time Card. The actual time for tech GO was 31:28 and for tech JD was 48:30 for a total of 79:58.

DonLarson
    Qrew Commander

I have a client with a similar workflow for their field personnel.  We have them log in and out with what you would call a Dispatch.    That is a very different architecture than what you have built.

One potential solution is to remove the column with data from the time cards.   

Make a report variable that is the concatenation of the Tech name and total time.  Then group the report on that field.   Visually you will have what you are asking for.