Forum Discussion

benrizz17
Qrew Member
2 months ago

Table-to-Table Relationship Question

Is there a way to create a table-to-table relationship that you can use with a multiple-choice field?

For context, I am trying to create an inspection form that pulls questions from another table based on the equipment that is selected at the top of the inspection form. The questions on the inspection form need to have a "Pass" or "Fail" option, hence why I would like them to be multiple choice. Or if there were some formula that would do something similar, that could also be helpful.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

• One other thing I thought of is if there is some formula that could somehow change the alternate label of a field, that could work as well.

To be more specific, if I could create a list of 20 "dummy" questions on the inspection form, and then by selecting the designated equipment on the equipment list that somehow changes the Q1-Q20 alternate text labels to the 20 questions on a dummy table or built into the formula, that I think would work too.

MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

I think you should reconsider the design of the app. You seem to be saying that you have various machines.  And because the machines are all different the inspection questions for each machine will be different. So I suggest you set up a relationship where one machine inspection has many inspection questions. That way the inspection questions can be very tailored to each separate machine. create a field on the machine inspections.  Create some kind of checkbox field on the machine inspection. Parent record to indicate that it is a template record. Then use permissions to lock down very tightly who can create these template records, and who can create and modify the standard machine template questions.

Then, if you go to the settings for the application under  App Management , you see that there is magic button you can press called copy Master and detail records.

so make that button and put the button on the parent record and have  form rule to only show the button for a template Machine inspection parent record.

so then the workflow is that when it's time to do an inspection, the user will click that button. It will create a parent machine inspection record, and it will create all of the questions that go along with the inspection for the particular machine, and it will land the user on that record. Then, allow the form to be grid editable and the user can answer the past questions in grid edit mode.