Forum Discussion

SamLopresti
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

The Jan 21st UI Update

The Jan 21st UI Update is awful. Our company uses many forms that span without having to scroll horizontally. We now have a bunch of forms that are scrolled off the screen.

Terrible. 

Please give us the option to go back the the basic "blue". We did not ask for this update, nor did we want it.
    BethBeth
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    So, on the vertically centered cells in reports business. . .  It is still not clean in Grid Edit mode.
    Column header row is vertically centered; some types of cells in data rows are centered and some aren't.

• Two questions for all:

1. Do you have enough contrast on the tablebar so you know what table you are on?  For us it is hard to see on many monitors. It's all white.  Before there was much more distinction. (See Actions table below)

2. Do you miss not having the icon at the left. (See red circles below) 

I will add these to user feedback, but just wondering what everyone else thinks.  I submitted a ticket and both issues came back as "working as designed".

QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      In agree that there is almost no contrast on the table bar  and there seems to be space to have the icon there and that would also help the user.

I think I'm more concerned about the lack of contrast on the table bar.
  • Does anyone know if they are going to do away with the purple Home/Users/ New table icons in our branded apps? Is that in the ongoing discussion?

QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Oh, that was how to set the top elements and links but Branding section there lets you choose a colour.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Anna,
      :)  There has been passionate discussion in fact.

Just https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/january-2018-release-notes

Buried on that thread is this which tells you how to set you own custom colour.  When you choose a colour, the application tab colours will be a few shades darker.

Home
      Settings
      App management
      Branding
      Customize app header & footer

and then 

Left Element

and then use the chain link icon to specify a web address.

For the logo, in the box for the words, you can specify an image

https://mycompany.quickbase.com/up/xxxxxx/g/rb/eh/va/RCR%20Logo%20quarter%20size.png

if you store the image in a table in your app or an app that all you users have access to and then click on the file attachment to view it you can use that U

I have the link to the corporate site working. I'm sorry to ask a follow up question but how do I build the URL to point to the image I have stored in a QuickBase table

Just click the image on the file attachment and it if it is a png type will pop up in the browser.  Then just copy and paste that URL that you see,  into the box to the left of the links in that Branding setup screen.
      AnnaKelley
      Qrew Member
      My app bar is fine now, and I switched to white logos so that I could use the company's dark color to make the app bar white text readable. (I still think this needs some work though - the default text is white, so you have to choose a dark header color in order to make it readable...that doesn't seem like a good end all be all solution for those who want a light header, but I've made do.)

My concern is the table bar - the purple Home/Users/New Table icon. You're saying I have control to fix those colors? I don't see where I have the ability to adjust that on my own?