Forum Discussion

Xyrus
Qrew Member
18 days ago

Trying to Create a Attendance Checklist

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on an app for tracking attendance by class. Would it be possible to create a  dynamic list of checkboxes that teachers can toggle for students who are present each day?

For example, Class 1 Day 1 has 15 out of 20 students, and Class 2 Day 1 has 18 out of 25 students. I've already set up a parent-child relationship per class, but I'm now sure how to implement the dynamic checkboxes.

Any Idea would help.

Thanks

• X,

Here is how I would solve it.

The Class Student Records have a Check Box for Attendance.

When the instructor sets the CB, a Pipeline fires that creates the Class Attendance record.

At Midnight every night, I would have a Scheduled Pipeline run that clears the Attendance CB on every Class Student record.  The next day all of the boxes are cleared for the Instructor.

DonLarson
    Qrew Commander

X,

Here is how I would solve it.

The Class Student Records have a Check Box for Attendance.

When the instructor sets the CB, a Pipeline fires that creates the Class Attendance record.

At Midnight every night, I would have a Scheduled Pipeline run that clears the Attendance CB on every Class Student record.  The next day all of the boxes are cleared for the Instructor.

Xyrus
      Qrew Member

Hi D,

Thank you for your idea. I have never thought of this process and it works perfectly now all thanks to you!