Forum Discussion

Rbhakta
Qrew Member
2 months ago

Chart Widget from table's totals

I am fairly new to quickbase and got the hang of it somewhat to make reports, dashboards, etc. I ran into a hiccup on a table that a peer would like to see data on. 

The data has a total at the bottom for total "Invoice Amount" (each record is a job with a  invoiced amount), then each record also has a "Total Hrs" where the total amount of hours that job took). Then a grand total of all the rows for Invoice Amount and Total Hrs. I wanted to make a simple calculation for a running rate where it divided the Invoice Amount / Total Hrs and put it in a widget on a dashboard. 

I attempted adding a new field/column in the existing table and it takes the total from the given table all together and divide and spit that value into that field. However, this only did the calculation by row - not take the grand total of all the records/whole table itself. 

DonLarson
    Qrew Commander

Getting the totals from table report into a formula is not available.

You can build a separate summary report that will give you total Invoice Amount and Total Hours and then have it calculate your total Running Job Rate.

MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

Just to add to Don's post above,  in the Summary Report Type, you have an opportunity to create

Step 1: Define summary variables

where you can sum up your total invoice amount and total hours

Step 2: Write summary formulas

where you can divide one by the other to get your "Rate".

Then you will at that Rate column to your report in the summarize what section. 

Can you find that you need to save the report settings and then re-open it in edit mode to iterate through those steps easily