Forum Discussion

shrshriv
Qrew Member
11 days ago

Converting the existing column values into upper case

Hello All, 

I need a  help with formula for converting the existing records to upper case and also want to put a check which converts new entries to standard format. 

I have a Name field where some entries are lower case, some upper case, some with space and extra. I want to make sure
1.That all the names are converted into upper case.
2.Whenever a new entry is made, even if it is done in wrong format it gets converted into standardized format. 

Currently when I am trying, to use this from advanced settings, no field is getting converted to upper case, and also checking the " Turn custom data rules on" option it is restricting me from adding any new records.

Can someone please guide me on how I can achieve the above result, please

• I suggest that you make a formula field called [My field in Standard Format] to convert the user entered text to upper case.

Upper([My Field])

Then you can use a form rule to say

When the record is saved, 

and [My Field] is not equal to [My field in Standard Format]

change the value of [My Field] to the value in the field [My field in Standard Format]

That should work if all the editing is in a form.  You can also use a Pipeline.  To make that change after the record is saved.  That will work for imports or Grid edit where you are not editing in a form.