Forum Discussion

SalesInfo
Qrew Assistant Captain
6 years ago

creating a email button on the form

I have a form called "tickets" for the customer. The app is built for the customer service database. Everytime customer calls in, our customer service team creates a ticket that have all the information and the problem.

What I want to do is that create an email button on this form so that when the ticket is resolved, my customer service team can click on the button and send the email straight to the customer which is the customer's email that my CSR team filled out in the ticket at the beginning. I read some of the community questions regarding to this problem but not sure where to start. I also tried some of them but it did not work for me. Can someone please help with this? 

Thanks!!
  • Have you considered using Notifications? When a new ticket is created, then send an email to the email addresses in the field

What content do you want in the email or start a blank email for customer service team to fill in?

SalesInfo
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      I would like to create an email button that send to the customer based on the "Email" field (an arrow below). 

On the email, I want to thank the customer for purchasing our product AND ask them to review our product by going to our website. Plus, as you see in the above, screenshot, there is a "survey" tab. I want the customer to fill in all the fields in this tab (I'll customize the fields in this tabs later). They ONLY have the access to fill in this tab.

Also, I want another button email that can be sent to the customer with another purposes. For example, if we need them to send us something like a proof of purchase, i want my customer service team to send the customer an email straight from quickbase without opening up their outlook email. It would be very nice and  convenient for them to use their email directly from the database.

Can you please help and support me with this? Thanks so much!!
      EverettPatterso
      Qrew Captain
      Here is one way to use Notification emails.

1. Make a new form, call it the Survey form and customize it with the fields you want.
      2. Make a new checkbox field, call it Survey Sent
      3. Make a new email Notification, when a ticket is modified and the additional criteria can be when a specific field Survey Sent changes AND Survey Sent is equal to Checked. Choose the Survey form to send with the notification and customize the email.
      4. Make a new formula url button, this can be placed on the form which will mark the checkbox and trigger the notification

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=API_EditRecord" &
          "&rid=" & [Record ID#] &
          "&_fid_305=1" &
          "&rdr=" &
          URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() &
              "?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID#])

*replace fid_305 with your new checkbox fid

SalesInfo
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Everett Patterson,

I figured out another way to do this but been having some problem. I will try your way if this way does not work. 

I created a formula text below for a button on the form 
      "mailto:"&""&[PR - CR - Email]&"\n"&"?subject="&"\n"&[subject] & [Ticket Number]&""&"&body="&[Email body]&[Ticket number LINK]&""

when I click on it, the email generated based on what I want. 

The customer will receive this email and click on the link to review our product. See below for what I see after they click on the link

As you can see, there are three tables above (Customer registrations, product registrations and tickets). I only want the customer to see the tickets and the only one I can do it is to turn off the below permissions. Otherwise, the customer will be able to access the database of all the customer and product registrations. However, by doing this, the customer information and product information on the ticket will not be shown to the customer since the info got from these tables. 

I want the customer to see their information and what they purchased and do the quick survey. How do I make the customer and product registrations are visible on the ticket form without giving them the access to these tables?

Please help. Thanks so much!