Forum Discussion

DougCrandall
Qrew Cadet
20 days ago
Solved

Notification to EOTI user

Is there a way to send an email notification to an EOTI user?

The scenario is an EOTI user submits a request (which includes their email address) and I want to send them a notification with a copy of the information they have submitted. However, when I look at the options in the notification To: field, it doesn't appear that I can select the email field.

I also wanted to include buttons in the email that would allow them to submit updated information without actually ever getting into the app (for privacy reasons), which I understand is possible by having the button in the email prepopulated with data from the original record?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this for me.

DougCrandall
    19 days ago

Thank you, Mark. That worked perfectly!

2 Replies

• No problem. If you're using Legacy type email notifications as opposed to the new build your own style then you select Open as the type of notification. That means you can send to any email address. If for some reason you don't see that option then you would have to contact Support and have them open up your realm to send external emails.

As for the email fields, it's not documented properly, but it works perfectly. Just carefully type out your email field in Square brackets in a nice vertical list and you can list as many email recipients as you like. 

[email field1]
    [email field2]
    [email field 3]

DougCrandall
      Qrew Cadet

Thank you, Mark. That worked perfectly!