Forum Discussion

MarkShnier__You
Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
5 years ago

Scanning including a Save and Add Another

I have a use case where the goal is to very quickly scan bar codes into a Quick Base table.  The desired workflow is to be sitting on an Add Record form and have the scan also cause the form to save and refresh into the Save and Add Another page, without the user having to click the save button.

Does anyone have a native or non native way to do this?

------------------------------
Mark Shnier (YQC)
Quick Base Solution Provider
Your Quick Base Coach
http://QuickBaseCoach.com
mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • Hi Mark,

So the desired behavior would be you would hit 'Add Record' and then scan a barcode, it would cause the form to save and go to add another, then you could just repeat a number of times until you had scanned all the barcodes you had in front of you and end up with Item 1, Item 3, Item 3 records?

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      Exactly, the issue here is that there are dozens or hundreds of packages to scan so speed of scanning is the issue.  So scan say 20 bar codes to create 20 records.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        EvanMartinez
        Quickbase Staff
        I haven't seen anything like that behavior for mobile as of yet but I can definitely bring it up with the mobile team and see if they have any thoughts. We are doing a survey right now on mobile experience and feedback for 2020 if you haven't put in that as feedback yet I would suggest it too so that it is on their minds. I get the feeling for mobile that would be something they would need to assess.

Evan Martinez
        Community Marketing Manager
        Quick Base
  • I know this thread is really old but it is the only one I can find online to help me do the exact same thing.  I can't find the app used anymore and was wondering if anyone has come up with any other solution for activating a barcode scan on mobile quickly and 1 or 0 taps.