Forum Discussion

JeffreyMoore
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Selling an app to my clients...

Hi, I am working on an app that I think I can monetize, sell to several of my clients. I am having a hard time finding any guidance on how to best do this. Am I able to copy the app into their QB account? Or would it be better to keep the app in my QB account and then grant them access? If I do this for multiple clients will they be able to use SSO on their end? Hope the question makes sense. Thanks for your help!
  • I believe that there has recently been a change to the Terms Of Service Agreement which may allow you to sell resell seats. If you did that you would be able to maintain control of the app and not have your client also copying it. It would also let your client use Quick Base without needing to sign up for the full cost of 20 seats, if they did not need 20 seats.

I suggest that you put in a support ticket to have someone from sales contact you about reselling seats.
      _anomDiebolt_
      Qrew Elite
      Another change QuickBase might make is to somehow make the application open to "long tail" infrequent users. Right now you have to pay for every seat assuming each user would be using QuickBase on a daily basis. But there are 1000s of applications where a random user - maybe a prospective client - might need to enter their data (and update or complete their record at a later time)  as a registered user for privacy purposes but might not comeback to the site for a very long time either because they didn't engage this time around or just need your company's service on a yearly basis.

Quite frankly, I am surprised that QuickBase marketing has not pursued this as it isn't so much a technical issue but rather an entirely new application area for the product. There probably would be some work done to manage 1000s of long tail users but it would open up an enormous new application area. Right now QuickBase is targeted to the area on the left of the curve (low number of frequent users) when there is potentially an equal amount of area in the long tail on the right (high number of infrequent users):

Long Tail
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_tail
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Quick Base in fact is open to �make deals� when thre is a need for a high number of licenses which have very infrequent usage. Come to them with a use case for several hundreds of licenses and they will make a deal.
  • Also, you will be much better off having just one copy of the app to maintain. Use Role Permissions to keep your respective client data separate.
  • Thank you guys so much! Really appreciate your help. Really enjoying QB thus far.