Forum Discussion

sfountain
Qrew Cadet
2 days ago

Transition to new/updated form

Hi All,

I need to make changes to the main form used by a table. The change would consist of taking an existing muti-select field and break it out into discrete fields making it easier from a reporting standpoint for other applications like Hadoop. What is the best approach to transitioning to an updated form, where I can use the older version of the form for reviewing older records, and then the updated version of the form when creating new records. I want to maintain reference to old form for historical purposes, but start to utilize the new form going forward. This is a legacy form for awareness and I'm hoping to keep using the existing form without having the need to create a new form all together. My initial thought was to use a hard fast date as the cutover, and I was going to leverage Date Created in a dynamic rule but noticed that doesn't get stamped until the record is saved. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this when the form loads to create new entries?

Thanks in advance!

-Scott

• Hi Mark, as always thanks for the input! That approach might just work, instead of overhauling the form itself.

• I suggest that you leave your multi-select field exactly as it is, but then make a series of Formula fields which you could use in reports or for exports  to Hadoop.  That would solve your issue in a simple way, right?  No change in the user experience?