Forum Discussion

QuickBaseCoachD
Qrew Captain
11 years ago

URL formula to edit a record and ""refresh the page

I regularly use little API URL formula buttons like this one.

var text $CopyStatustoPreviousStatus = blah blah blah ......;

$CopyStatustoPreviousStatus
& "&rdr=" & URLEncode($ReDisplayReport)

That works well when I have a button dedicated to either refreshing the record I am sitting on or refreshing a particular report.

I also use this great technique a lot to not refresh the report (so the user does not lose their place in the report or does not lose their Dynamic filter selections.

var text URL= blah blah blah ....;

"javascript:" &
"$.get('" &
$URL &
"',function(){" &
"$.jGrowl('email Triggered to Prospect', {life: 5000});" &
"});"
&
"void(0);"

But I would love to know how to make a button which will do some blah blah blah stuff and then refresh the screen - that way I could have the same button be used on any report and any record. Ideally it would reload the screen and preserve the user's Dynamic filter selections if they were on a report.

If there a way to modify the code above to incorprate this concept
&"javascript:location.reload(true);"

and not do the growl pop up. ie I'm looking for a button to be able to execute a URL formula which would say edit a record and then refresh whatever screen the user is on. In that situation with a refresh, typically the user's feedback that the button click "took" will be that the report refreshed or the record refreshed, so we don't need or want that jgrowl pop up.

• This technique will leave the screen I disturbed.

Try replacing that JavaScript part with this

"javascript:" &
    "$.get('" &
    $url &
    "',function(){" &
    "$.jGrowl('This Item has been put on PO CANCEL snooze', {life: 5000, theme: 'jGrowl-green'});" &
    "});" &
    "void(0);"

Choose your words.

The 5000 means 5 seconds for the quiet pop up to fade away.
  • This code is working as described.

I think by adjusting the words to include something like "Reload browser to update changes"  I can make this work for my needs. 

Thanks very much for the help.