Forum Discussion

MichaelTamoush
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Work around for Kanban

I have a formula text field that figures out and posts a job status ("In progress", "completed", etc).

I wanted a kanban chart for that, but it only works off a multiple choice field. So my solution was to create a multiple choice field, and have it change using dynamic form rules to match the formula text box. This has a couple of errors:

1) If you grid edit, the dynamic form rules to not fire, and so my multiple choice field does not update.
2) One of my rules is fired off a related table (i.e. I have an invoice table as a child. They can add an invoice. If they put in a date of that invoice, that triggers my formula text field). However, this does not fire unless I go into edit mode of the project (and as you know, you can add items from a related table without being in edit mode).

Thoughts on a work around?

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush
  • The solution will be two Automations.  One to fire off the parent and one to fire off the child.  It's probably a low volume table and one easy solution is to to create a saved table to table import to import the records into itself, merging on [Record ID#].  

Set a filter to only update where the formula does not = the Multiple choice field.

The Automation would trigger the saved table to table import to update all records where there is a mismatch.
    Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com
      MichaelTamoush
      Qrew Captain
      Any thoughts on a work around for the grid edit issue?

Mike Tamoush
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Grid Edit will also fire Automations.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        markshnier2@gmail.com